Marinadesturn out gentle, pleasantresults, a good match forthe mild flavor of breastmeat. The seasoning processhappens slowly, so allowat least an hour (and up toeight) for the marinade tosoak in. Plan on using 2 cupsmarinade for every 4 breasthalves. Include an acidicingredient like vinegar, citrusjuice or wine for flavor andto tenderize the meat, and ateaspoon or two of oil to helpkeep the chicken moist.
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 1/2cups dry white wine
- 1/2cup white wine vinegar
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 1/3cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine 1 1/2 cups dry white wine, 1/2 cup white wine vinegar, 2 finely chopped shallots, 1/3 cup chopped fresh tarragon, 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt.