Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stick (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup prepared lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Line the bottom of a 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper and grease the sides. Using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and the butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour and milk alternately in 3 additions. Fold in 1 cup blueberries. Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk in the lemon curd.
- Sprinkle the cake with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Place parchment paper and a cooling rack on the cake and invert the layer; let cool and transfer to a work surface. Cut crosswise into thirds. Place one-third onto a platter and top with one-third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining cake and cream cheese. Top with the remaining 1 cup blueberries.