Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 10 ounces sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mung bean sprouts (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/3cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the broiler. On a broiler pan, brush the steak on both sides with the oyster sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, for 10 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for a few minutes, then thinly slice, reserving any juices.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber into thin noodles, rotating to avoid the seeds; discard the seeds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce and jalapeno. Add the cucumber, onion, bean sprouts and mint; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad topped with the steak and reserved juices.