Preserved anchovies are definitely anacquired taste. But youve probably had them if youve eaten acaesar salad, where theyre blended into the dressing.
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 hard-boiled egg yolk
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/3cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, coarsely chop 3 large garlic cloves and 4 anchovy fillets. Add 1 hard-boiled egg yolk, 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon dry mustard and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; process until smooth. In a large serving bowl, toss 2 heads of romaine, torn, with the dressing and 1/3 cup grated parmesan.