Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- Cooking spray
- 12 slices bacon
- 10 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1/2cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees . Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp; drain and coarsely chop. In a bowl, combine the popcorn and bacon.
- In a saucepan, cook the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium and simmer, stirring, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the baking soda. Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the nut mixture into the popcorn mixture, stirring to coat. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool completely.