This layered masterpiece takes the classic wedge salad from ho-hum to whoa—yum!
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 4 ounces sliced bacon coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 hass avocado
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring often, until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 1/2 tablespoons water into the mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. Divide the romaine wedges among 4 plates and drizzle with half of the mayo dressing.
- Using an egg slicer, slice each egg lengthwise, then crosswise. Sprinkle 1 egg on top of each wedge; top with the cooked bacon, the carrot, tomatoes and avocado. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- For extra protein, add a sprinkling of chopped cooked chicken, turkey or shrimp.