Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold—peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 32 ouncecontainer (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1/2pound green beans, trimmed and haled crosswise
- 1/3cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees . Arrange the tomatoes cut side up on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil on top; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer the tomatoes and any juices to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes; transfer to a work surface. Let cool, then shred the meat.
- In the same saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Add the green beans and tomatoes with their juices, partially cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Stretch leftovers by adding one 14.5-ounce can chicken broth and 1 pound cooked short pasta, such as rotini.
- Crispin Brut Natural Hard Apple Cider (MN)