Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 3 cups strained fresh tangerine or clementine juice
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2cups demi-sec champagne or other sweet sparkling wine
- Lightly grease a 6-cup gelatin mold or decorative cake mold. Pour 1 1/2 cups tangerine juice into a heatproof bowl; sprinkle with the gelatin. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Microwave at high power until hot, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in the remaining 1 1/2 cups tangerine juice and the champagne. Pour into the mold and refrigerate until set, 3 hours or up to 2 days. To unmold, wrap the mold in a hot-water-soaked towel and invert onto a large, chilled plate.
- Let the bubbles subside before measuring the champagne.