This filling version of India's favorite pick-me-up will power you up to hit the racks with a vengeance.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/4cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 7 bags black tea
- 1 pint vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cups ice cubes
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup water, the honey, cinnamon sticks, cloves and ginger over low heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain, then let the tea cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a blender, combine the tea, frozen yogurt, nutmeg and cardamom. Add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Place the shake in an insulated mug to keep it thick and cold.