Serve these mini cakes as a sweet breakfast treat or with whipped cream for dessert.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and place 2 teaspoons apple jelly and a layer of grape halves at the bottom of each cup.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in the walnuts. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter and egg. Stir into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack for about 2 minutes, then invert onto the rack to cool completely. Dust with the confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Choose grapes that are smooth, plump and firmly attached to the stem.
- Refrigerate grapes for up to a week.
- Rinse grapes under water and pat dry.