Why not turn a side dish into stuffing? This pork chop opens up and says ahh to fragrant jasmine rice.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 1/2cup jasmine rice
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 1-inch-thick boneless pork chops (about 8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Prepare the rice according to package instructions. Stir the hoisin sauce, scallions, garlic, basil and ginger into the cooked rice.
- Place the pork chops on a work surface and slice each in half horizontally almost all the way through. Open the pork chops like a book and season with salt and pepper. Divide the rice mixture among the chops, then close with toothpicks; season the chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook, turning once, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to the oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the pork registers 160 degrees , about 25 minutes. Serve the pork topped with the pan juices.