Your pup will roll over and play dead for this stoup.
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 - 2 carrots, grated
- 1/3cup green beans (a generous handful), coarsely chopped
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 beef frank, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a medium, deep skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, carrots and green beans and cook until slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the turmeric and cook for another minute. Add the frank and cook until heated through; add 1 cup chicken stock and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice and the remaining 1 cup chicken stock.