Toss this sauce with 1 pound cooked pasta.
Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 2 mins
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small skillet, combine 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt over medium-high heat. Once the garlic sizzles, remove from the heat. Makes 1/3 cup.
- For a sweeter, mellower sauce cook chopped onions until softened in a combination of extra-virgin olive oil and butter for your base.
- Don't let the garlic brown or the sauce will taste bitter.
- Chop all ingredients into even, bite-size pieces or smaller.
- For egg pasta dishes reduce the sauce less, as egg pastas will absorb some of the liquid.