Fondue. It's what's for dinner when you want to have fun.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 12 ounces small yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 10 ounces Italian sausage, casings discarded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 cups cubed pumpernickel bread
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chili powder, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees ;. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes and enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil; cook until crisp-tender, about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander. Add the green beans to the boiling water; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Drain in the colander with the potatoes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, form the sausage into 1-inch balls and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake, turning occasionally, until browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Halve the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes, green beans, meatballs, tomatoes and bread cubes in serving bowls.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the cheese, remove from the heat and stir until melted. Sprinkle with the chili powder and serve with the vegetables, meat and bread for dipping.