This recipe is an instant alternative to ordering a pie—perfect for the dog days of summer.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, split
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 6- to 8-ounce pieces burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese, mashed
- 2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded
- Salt and black pepper
- A few pinches crushed red pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a small bowl, mix the garlic with the EVOO.
- Grill the bread until grill marks appear. Brush with the garlic oil, top with the oregano and spread with the cheese. Top with the tomatoes, basil and more oil; season with salt, black pepper and the red pepper.
Tip PAIR WITH:
- Edmunds St. John "Bone Jolly" Gamay 2007 (CA)