Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 large carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 bunch radishes, coarsely shredded
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin chops, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, radishes, vinegar, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork and cook, turning, until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the pork to the carrot mixture along with any pan juices. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and pork. Add 2 tablespoons water to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits; add to the salad.
- Stir the bread cubes, cilantro and jalapeno into the pork salad; season with salt and pepper.