Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture on low speed. Stir in the coconut.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough about an inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake until the edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on a rack.