Yes, you can teach an old dog new tricks—with this salsa duo.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 hass avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2pint grape tomatoes
- 3 slices pickled jalapeno chiles
- 8 soft, small oval whole wheat dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 12 ouncepackage jumbo beef franks or knockwurst
- Preheat a grill to medium. In a small bowl, mash the avocados until smooth. Season with salt.
- Using a food processor, finely chop the garlic. Add the tomatoes and chiles and process for 5 seconds. Season with salt.
- Split the rolls, leaving a long edge attached, and spread the butter on the insides. Place the franks on the grill, cover and cook, turning, until lightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the open rolls butter side down on the grill, cover and toast until lightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Cut each frank in half crosswise and place a half in each roll. Spread the avocado mash down the length of each frank, then top with the tomato salsa.