Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound kirby cucumbers--peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 ear corn, husked
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion; cook until slightly softened. Add the potatoes, chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Using a food processor, and working in batches, puree the potato mixture with the cucumber. Return to the pot and stir in the cream.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Scrape off the corn kernels; add to the soup. Stir in the parsley; season with salt and pepper. For cold soup, refrigerate until chilled.
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. Farmhouse Summer Ale (NJ)