Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 cups store-bought coleslaw
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno chiles
- 1/4 cup jarred sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 onion rolls, split
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 chili-flavored kettle-style potato chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the coleslaw and jalapenos. In a small bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle chile and adobo sauce.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a bowl, combine the beef, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; shape into 4 patties. Grill the patties for 4 minutes, flip and cook for 4 more minutes, topping with the cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, spread the butter on the rolls and grill until toasted. Spread the tomato-chipotle mixture on the roll tops and bottoms. Top each roll bottom with some red onion, potato chips, a patty, some coleslaw and a roll top.