Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1/3 cup peach jam
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 24 jumbo shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Hot pepper sauce
- Scalliions, thinly sliced, for sprinkling
- Using a food processor, puree the jam, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 garlic clove. Transfer to a resealable freezer bag, add the shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using the food processor, puree the remaining garlic clove, remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce, the peanut butter, brown sugar and lemon juice. With the machine on, slowly pour in 1/3 cup water. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Thread 6 shrimp onto each of 4 skewers. Place on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until firm and charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and top with the scallions. Serve with the peanut dipping sauce.