Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 35 mins
- 2 pounds peaches--peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/3cups heavy cream
- 1/2cup milk
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, combine the peaches, 7 tablespoons sugar, the lemon juice and salt. Cook over medium heat, mashing, until jam like, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the peach mixture and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Using an ice cream machine, process the peach mixture according to the manufacturers instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.