Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 5 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 1 6 ouncecan salmon, drained
- 1/2cup cracker meal or dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- FOR PEOPLE'S PORTIONS ONLY
- Mixed greens, for serving
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 5 - 10 fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the salmon and cracker meal. Mix in the egg, bell pepper and dill. If the mixture is too wet, mix in a bit more cracker meal. Form the mixture into five 2-inch patties.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden-brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Let cool before serving to your pup.
- For peoples portions only, arrange the salmon cakes on a plate with the mixed greens. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and chives; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the salmon cakes.