Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds New York strip steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 multigrain baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick and toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, the pepper and garlic salt. Rub all over the steaks.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let stand for at least 15 minutes, then slice 1/4 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Spread a thin layer of the horseradish sauce on each toasted bread slice, then top with a piece of steak, more horseradish sauce and the parsley.