Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 25 mins
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1 pound pieces frozen bread dough, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Pour the butter into a 3-to 4-quart baking dish and sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, the raisins, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 10-by-12-inch rectangle and sprinkle each with one-third of the raisin-walnut mixture. Starting with the long edge, roll up jelly-roll-style. Cut each roll crosswise into twelve 1-inch-thick slices and place cut side down in the prepared dish. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake the buns until golden-brown and hollow-sounding when tapped, 20 to 25 minutes. Place a parchment-paper-lined platter over the baking dish and invert the buns. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.