Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 2 large avocados
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 scallions, green and white parts sliced separately
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 16 ice cubes
- 1 pound tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- Using a blender, puree 1 avocado, the buttermilk and scallion whites. Add the lime peel and three-quarters of the lime juice. With the machine on low speed, blend in the ice cubes, 1 at a time, until smooth. Season with salt; refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the remaining avocado and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the tomatoes, feta cheese, scallion greens and the remaining lime juice.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls. Top with the avocado salad and tortilla chips. Serve with the remaining tortilla chips on the side.