Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 4 lamb loin chops (about 1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed of fat
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2tablespoon butter
- Grainy mustard, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper; let stand for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together the parsley and fresh and dried thyme; press onto the lamb chops.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil until smoking; add the lamb chops and cook for 2 minutes on each side and 1 minute along the edge. Dot the chops with the butter and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast, turning once and basting with the pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer registers 125 degrees , about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the chops to a cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with the grainy mustard.