Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 crisp apples, such as gala, 1 finely chopped and 3 sliced
- 2 5 ounces brie or camembert cheese wheels
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Lay the puff pastry sheets on a work surface. Place half of the walnuts and chopped apple in the center of each. Place a cheese wheel on top, then trim the corners of each pastry sheet to make a disk. Brush the edges lightly with water and fold up and over to cover the cheese; pinch lightly to seal. Place seam side down on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake until golden-brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer each cheese pastry to a platter and let cool for 10 minutes; serve with the sliced apples.
- Before serving, keep apple slices in a bowl of water with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Toast walnuts a day ahead.