Serve with grilled potato rounds.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 jalapeno chile, ribs and seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Using a food processor, pulse together the parsley, chile, lime juice, garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Scrape down the sides. With the machine on, pour in 1/4 cup olive oil. Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the heavy cream and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss the drumsticks with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on the grill and cook until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes on each side. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- Serve with grilled potato rounds.
- If using a grill pan, tent the chicken and potatoes with foil during grilling.