What pup's going to turn down this beefy treat?My friend came up with these little meatball treats for Tony, his new puppy. They have protein, brown rice, a lot of nutritious vegetables and turmeric to aid digestion. Make sure they're completely cooled before serving them to your pup!-RachAlways check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1/2pound ground beef
- 1/2cup cooked brown rice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Grease a muffin pan or a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Fill each muffin tin with about 1/4 cup of the mixture, or form the mixture into 10 balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.