Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 10 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until al dente; drain and rinse under cool water. Return to the pot, season with salt and pepper and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar to a shallow dish. Add the chicken, turning to coat, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach, bell pepper and olives; do not toss.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Add the orzo to the salad and toss. Top with the chicken, almonds and shaved Parmesan.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave cheese.