Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 14 1/2ouncecan diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/4cup cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 jalapeno chile, halved and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15 ouncecan black beans, rinsed
- 8 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4cup light sour cream
- Using a food processor, pulse together the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno until chunky.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, season with salt and pepper and scramble for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the beans and 2 tablespoons water and cook over medium heat until warmed through; transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the skillet, add the salsa, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Divide the tortillas among 4 plates and top with the beans, eggs, salsa, cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
- Scramble eggs in a nonstick skillet slicked with cooking spray instead of frying them. Keep the cheese, just reduce the amount. This leaves room for a dollop of sour cream.