Add ingredients to your Every Day essentials (rachaelraymag.com/kitchen) and you're ready to make a finger-licking-good recipe.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 chicken wings, tips discarded and wings separated at the joint
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken wings and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the garlic, chili powder and allspice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato sauce, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add 1 cup water, the chocolate, hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the chocolate is melted.
- Return the wings to the pan, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the wings are cooked through and the sauce is reduced to a thick glaze, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro.