Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups coarsely chopped radicchio
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a papertowel-lined baking pan.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Add the beef broth and 4 sprigs thyme; bring to a boil. Cook until the broth has reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and discard the thyme. Stir in the peas; season with salt and pepper. Wipe out the skillet.
- In the skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the butter over medium-high heat. Add the gnocchi and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden. Add the radicchio and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Divide the gnocchi mixture among shallow pasta bowls. Top with the mushroom mixture and remaining sprigs of thyme.
- Mud House Pinot Noir 2006 (New Zealand), SoloRosa Rose Napa Valley 2007 (California)