Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 cup sauerkraut, squeezed dry
- 2 baking potatoes (about 1 pound)--peeled, grated and squeezed dry
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 9 inch frozen pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, potatoes, bacon and caraway seeds; season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and cream. Stir into the potato mixture. Pour the mixture into the pie shell; transfer to a baking pan. Bake until the filling has set and is golden around the edges, about 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serve with applesauce and sour cream.