Easiest to whip up for co-workers.
Makes: 36 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 1 hr
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 200 degrees . Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the egg whites and salt on medium speed until thick and foamy. Sprinkle in the confectioners' sugar and, once incorporated, beat at high speed until firm and glossy, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the coconut, rice cereal and cornstarch. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold into the egg mixture until combined.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the mixture about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake until firm and dry to the touch, about 1 hour. Let cool completely.
- Separate eggs when they're cold, but wait until they're at room temperature for most volume when whipping.