Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 750 milliliterbottles dry white wine
- 1/4cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 orange, sliced into thin wedges
- In a large saucepan, warm the wine, sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Lower the heat, partially cover and let steep, without simmering, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Ladle the mulled wine into 8 heatproof glass mugs. Serve with the orange wedges.