Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 2 cups leftover chunky or whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 strips orange peel
- 4 Bosc pears--peeled, halved and cored
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce, orange peel and 1 cup water to a boil. Add the pear halves and simmer uncovered, turning occasionally, until tender when pierced, about 20 minutes. Let the pears cool in the poaching liquid.
- Place one pear half in each of 8 small bowls. Top each with 1 scoop of ice cream, a few spoonfuls of poaching liquid, some whipped cream and toasted pecans.