Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup chopped roast chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup mild salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 8-inch whole wheat or spinach flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack or queso fresco cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Green olives with pimiento, chopped (a small handful)
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Have your GH (Grown-Up Helper) preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, combine the chicken and salsa and heat in the microwave for a minute (or have your GH heat it in a small pot over medium-low heat).
- Ask your GH to heat 1 teaspoon EVOO in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tortilla and cook for 30 seconds, then flip and cook for 30 seconds more; slide the tortilla onto a cutting board. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon EVOO in the skillet, then add the remaining tortilla and cook for 30 seconds. Flip the tortilla and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with the first tortilla. Slide onto a baking sheet and top with the chicken mixture, remaining cheese, scallion, olives and cilantro. Have your GH place the quesadilla under the broiler, 6 inches away from the heat, and cook until the tortillas are crisp around the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Slide the quesadilla onto a cutting board, cut into 4 pieces and serve.