Warm up for the winter with soup, roasted vegetables and more.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, quartered
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup honey-roasted pecans, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and the pot.
- While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Sprinkle the rosemary on top and cook the chicken until crispy and brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar and marmalade into the skillet, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the arugula.
- In the pasta pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the sage and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta and pasta water and toss. Add the 1/2 cup grated cheese and season with salt. Sprinkle the pecans on the chicken and serve with the pasta and a little extra cheese.
- Tramin Chardonnay 2007 (Italy), Grant Burge Benchmark Chardonnay 2007 (Australia)