Serve with roasted sweet potatoes.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 1 hr
- 2 slices sandwich bread, chopped
- 1/2cup milk
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 7 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Chopped parsley, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a small bowl, soak the bread in the milk. In another small bowl, whisk together the apricot jam and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a large bowl, add the meat, almonds, apricots and curry powder. Add the bread-milk mixture, season with salt and mix together with your hands. Transfer to a loaf pan and brush with the jam mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Pour off the fat and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Sprinkle the parsley on top
- Helfrich Riesling 2007 (France), Serra da Estrela Albarino 2007 (Spain)