Serve with pickles.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 10 mins
- 1 cup chopped pickled jalapeno chiles
- 2/3cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 3 6 ouncecans tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 4 large slices peasant-style bread, toasted
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a medium bowl, stir together 3/4 cup jalapenos, the mayonnaise and chipotle chiles. Stir in the tuna.
- Divide the tuna mixture among the toast, cover with the cheese and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos. Bake until the cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Kuleto Estate Rosato 2007 (California), Feudo Arancio Pinot Noir 2006 (Italy)
- Combine cubed day-old bread with creamy soup and frozen veggies and bake for an instant casserole.