Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 1 14 3/4ouncecan creamed corn, drained
- 1/3cup cream cheese
- 1/2cup chopped or snipped chives
- 1 cup stoneground yellow cornmeal, plus more for dusting
- 2 8 ouncecans crescent roll dough
- 1 16 ouncepackage cocktail franks
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a food processor, puree the corn and cream cheese. Add the chives and pulse to combine; refrigerate.
- Lightly dust a work surface with cornmeal and spread out the crescent roll dough. Separate the triangles (you should have 16); roll out each a bit larger, then cut each into 3 triangular pieces.
- Spread 1 heaping teaspoon of corn mixture onto each piece of dough. Place 1 cocktail frank along the wide end and roll the dough and the frank together toward the tip of the triangle to wrap the frank.
- Pour 1 cup cornmeal onto a plate; roll the wrapped dogs in the cornmeal to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.