Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (about 32)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce leaves from the heart
- Cut off the stem ends of the tomatoes and discard. Using a paring knife, remove the seeds and discard; place the tomatoes cut side down on paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate, then finely chop.
- Stir together the mayonnaise and chipotle and spoon into a resealable bag. Cut off the tip of one corner.
- Place the tomatoes cut side up on a platter and press some romaine inside each tomato; sprinkle with salt. Pipe some chipotle mayo over the romaine and top with bacon.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the romaine a few hours before your get-together. Just before serving, sprinkle with salt, add the chipotle mayo and top with the bacon.