Pups will get their fill of this crustless potpie. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced turkey, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute, then whisk in the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the turkey, veggies and parsley and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool to almost room temperature, then serve. Get ready for some wet kisses!