Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 32 ouncecontainer chicken broth
- 1 29 ouncecan white hominy, rinsed
- 1/2cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, carrots, celery and garlic and cook until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and hominy and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Top with the cilantro and serve with the tortillas.
- Cave TerraVentoux Cotes du Ventoux 2005 (France), Red Truck Merlot Central Coast 2006 (California)