Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4cup milk
- 1/2cup molasses
- 1/4cup Tennessee whiskey, such as Jack Daniel's
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Chocolate sauce, for serving
- Candied Pecans, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter at medium-high speed until creamy; gradually add the brown and granulated sugars and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture, one-third at a time, alternating with the milk and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix in the molasses on medium-low speed. Mix in the whiskey until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the batter into a greased, parchment-paper-lined 10-inch cake pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve the cake with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and candied pecans, if using.