This dish feeds eight rumbling bellies and comes with a foolproof game plan that'll have you kicking back in one hour—and not a minute more.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Bake: 55 mins
- 2 2 3/4 pounds boneless turkey breast halves with skin on
- 1 2 1/4 pound bone-in turkey thigh
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Store-bought cranberry sauce, for serving
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . Arrange the turkey parts on a rimmed baking sheet, tucking the smaller end of each breast under to make an even thickness. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the thyme, salt and pepper. Place the lemon halves, cut side down, in the pan. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in each piece registers 155 degrees , about 55 minutes.
- Transfer the turkey parts to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil; let stand for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, pour the chicken broth into the baking sheet, scraping up any browned bits. Pour into a microwaveable cup; skim the fat that rises to the surface. Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Serve the turkey pan sauce with the sliced turkey and cranberry sauce.
- Use 1 teaspoon dried thyme instead of fresh.