Serve with a green salad.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Bake: 20 mins
- 1 baking potatopeeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 9 inch frozen piecrust shell, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Place the potato in a large saucepan with enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, then transfer to a bowl. Reserve the saucepan.
- Using a fork, prick the bottom of the piecrust. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and scallions and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Stir into the potato, along with the pumpkin puree, eggs and sour cream; season with salt and pepper. Spoon into the piecrust, sprinkle with the nuts and bake until set, about 20 minutes.
- Clos du Bois Riesling 2007 (California), Snoqualmie Naked Riesling 2007 (Washington)
- Stir in 1 cup cooked crumbled sausage before baking.