Take a bite out of the summer heat with this cool, no-bake desserts.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter
- 3 cups salted pretzels, finely crushed
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- Grated peel of 3 limes, plus 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the pretzels and 2 tablespoons sugar and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly. Press about 2 tablespoons into the bottom of each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar on low speed, then gradually mix in the lime peel, lime juice, rum and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the muffin cups; smooth the tops. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a wet knife around each cake, then invert the pan onto a clean work surface. Set each cake upright and top with a mint sprig.
- Leave out the rum to make it kid-friendly.